If you are looking to get in shape or stay in shape, check out the different fitness activities CityPlace offers that can help you reach your fitness goals.
District Fit 2019
District Fit is a multi-day health and wellness event. This event includes fitness classes, nutrition talks, and more all focused on living a healthy lifestyle. This event is happening at CityPlace in downtown West Palm Beach on March 7th, 8th, and 9th. Check out some of the different fitness classes and activities that you can attend during District Fit below.
• Vegan Kick-Off Dinner –Kick-off District Fit with a delicious dinner party, featuring a vegan menu with five different food stations. Join us at the Hilton West Palm Beach where you can eat food that is not only healthy but also delicious. While most of the events during District Fit are free and open to the public, this dinner party is one event that is not free. The cost of a ticket for the Vegan Kick-Off Dinner is $70.
• Fun Runs and Rides – At District Fit, you can find more than just workout classes, there are also find fun runs and rides. On Friday, March 8th, join the Palm Beach Road Runners for a fun run starting in the CityPlace square. Then, on Saturday, take part in a Distance Bike Ride with LC Bike Shop and SkyBike.
• Dance Classes – If you want to get your groove on, District Fit is also offering dance classes. There is a hip-hop class for kids and one for adults that you can take with Sean’s Dance Factory. This dance class will teach you some hip-hop basics as well as a short dance routine.
• Yoga and Pilates –Enjoy yoga and pilates classes during District Fit at Glow Yoga with Jennifer Martin or Poolside Pilates with Ginelle Ruffa. Both of these options help you work on strength and flexibility.
These are just a few of the various events and activities you can participate in during District Fit. All of these events are free to attend, and open to the public. However, some of the events have limited space, so you’ll want to save your spot by signing up in advance right here.
During the 2019 District Fit, you can gain health and fitness knowledge from over 20 instructors and industry speakers. This event is also a chance to support Hope Water. While District Fit is a free event, you can bring donations for Hope Water which is a charity working to bring clean drinking water to areas of the world that do not have it. Don’t miss your chance to participate in great fitness activities and support a good cause during District Fit.
Culture of Change Yoga Class
Another way to be physically active and support a good cause is through the Culture of Change Yoga Class. Presented by Athleta with Jennifer Martin as the instructor, this is a monthly yoga class that raises money for a different cause every month. For example, in February which is Heart Month, money was raised for the Heart Association. In March, the cause is Dress for Success because March is Women’s History Month. Join us for this 75-minute Culture of Change yoga class on March 28th at 7:00 pm. The suggested donation is $10, and a gently used purse or bag. You can sign up for the class in advance right here.
Wellness Wednesdays in March
Another way to stay in shape is to take advantage of Wellness Wednesdays. Wellness Wednesdays are a free weekly fitness class on the CityPlace square where you can try different workouts. Check out your March Wellness Wednesday options below.
• Burn Bootcamp – Burn Bootcamp is a total metabolic conditioning workout. This workout combines strength and endurance to help you work up a sweat.
• The CrossFit Squad – You can lunge, squat, and push up your way to great shape with the CrossFit Squad. Derek Bishop will lead this workout class and teach you the proper techniques for some great bodyweight exercises to help you become the best version of yourself.
• POUND – During the POUND class, you can jam out to great music while getting a workout at the same time. POUND uses weighted drumsticks for conditioning and strength training.
• Fitness Hub Zumba – Join us on the last Wednesday of the month at Fitness Hub Zumba and dance all your troubles away. Don’t miss out on this Wellness Wednesday event!
CityPlace offers you a lot of great ways to stay in shape this year. If fitness is important to you, be sure to check out all the fun fitness activities you can enjoy at CityPlace. Click here for more information.