Experiencing Entertainment and Art at CityPlace
South Florida has a rich culture, art, and entertainment scene. With art exhibits, live music performances, comedy clubs, and other experiences, there is something for everyone. This summer, CityPlace is bringing art and cultural experiences and events to Downtown West Palm Beach. Events like the August Live Music Series and projects like Culture Lab give West Palm residents and visitors the chance to experience art, music, and culture. Learn more about the entertainment and art at CityPlace below.
CityPlace offers various forms of entertainment in Downtown West Palm Beach, including many free events. Learn more about the entertainment that you can experience at CityPlace in Downtown West Palm Beach below:
- August Live Music Series – CityPlace is hosting the August Live Music Series which is a chance for people to enjoy free live music in Downtown West Palm Beach. The August Live Music Series will take place every Friday and Saturday from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. This music series will feature various musical acts and artists as well as a variety of musical genres. Featured artists and groups will include Clement Aubrey, Southern Sounds with Billy Craver and Emily Brooke, Lauren Echo, Mister Trombone, and more.
- Music for the Mind – Music for the Mind is a concert series presented by the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation. Music for the Mind features musical groups from Palm Beach and Martin County. These concerts are held on the third Tuesday of every month at 7 pm. Tickets to Music for the Mind cost $10 for adults and $5 for students, but all proceeds go to the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation.
- Palm Beach Improv – Improv comedy clubs have been integral in launching many famous names in comedy. Palm Beach Improv opened its doors in 2001, and it has been providing Downtown West Palm Beach with laughs ever since. Palm Beach Improv offers first-class comedy and amazing food. It is a great destination for improv fans and newcomers because everyone will leave laughing. Palm Beach Improv also hosts private events such as luncheons, fundraisers, birthday celebrations, and more.
- AMC CityPlace 20 – Movies have been a source of entertainment for many years. The AMC CityPlace 20 carries on that tradition by being a leader in digital cinema and motion picture. There is always a movie to suit every taste at the AMC CityPlace 20, and every Tuesday, there is discount pricing all day long. Movie tickets are five dollars every Tuesday with an AMC stubs membership. Also, be ready for much-anticipated movie releases such as Fantastic Beasts and The Grinch in November.
CityPlace offers seemingly endless entertainment options in Downtown West Palm Beach. The August Live Music Series, Music for the Mind, and the Improv Theatre are just a few forms of CityPlace’s summer entertainment options that you won’t want to miss. To learn more about events and entertainment in West Palm Beach, click here.
At CityPlace, you can dive deep into art and culture with events, experiences, and art exhibits. Check out some of the art events and experiences that are occurring this summer:
- Culture Lab – The Culture Lab will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in Downtown West Palm Beach’s vibrant art. Culture Lab is one of South Florida’s newest cultural art centers. This center is open from 12 pm to 6 pm Thursday through Sunday. The Culture Lab gallery features a growing exhibit on the first floor and a sound installation on the second floor. Various artists are featured including Sarah Knouse, Willie Cole, Jennifer Steinkamp, Ioanna Pantazopoulou, and more. Culture Lab has also added some new exhibits recently for a broader range of art and cultural experience.
- Armory Art Center Experience – The Armory Art Center Experience offers everyone the chance to view and create art. This center offers classes and workshops as well as exhibitions and performances. The art classes the Armory Art Center offers include classes for kids and adults. For example, the Armory Center is hosting a Wine Down with Art class in August that features still-life painting instruction taught by renowned artist Spence Townsend. This class costs $25, but it includes all painting supplies and two glasses of wine. Wine Down with Art is being held in the evening of Friday, August 17th. This class is just one example of the type of classes and workshops that are continually being put on by the Armory Art Center.
- Downton Abbey: The Exhibition – During a limited engagement, West Palm Beach residents and visitors can experience a painstaking recreation of the Downton Abbey at CityPlace in West Palm Beach. A truly immersive experience, this exhibit features costumes, furniture, and other details that are true to the beloved television show and as most visitors describe, it will take your breath away. Experience the fascinating social history and culture of post-Edwardian England while recounting some of the televisions show’s most memorable moments from its sixth season.
Art and culture are an integral part of West Palm Beach’s urban district. The Armory Art Center Experience and Culture Lab are just two ways to experience art in South Florida. The Downton Abbey exhibit offers an additional, unique, and limited-time experience for West Palm Beach visitors and residents as well.
CityPlace in Downtown West Palm Beach offers entertainment, arts and culture, food and beverages, and boutique shopping experiences. CityPlace offers a bit of something for everyone, so come experience CityPlace in Downtown West Palm Beach for yourself.