August Events and Entertainment at CityPlace in West Palm Beach
Summer may be almost over, but the events and entertainment at CityPlace are not going anywhere. CityPlace offers the premier venue to enjoy boutique shopping, delicious restaurants, vibrant art, live music, and entertainment in Downtown West Palm Beach. Learn more about some of the events happening at CityPlace in Downtown this August.
CityPlace brings together various forms of live music to entertain the community. Learn more about experiencing this music for yourself:
- August Live Music Series – During the August Live Music Series, you can experience different types of live music for free on Fridays and Saturdays in the CityPlace square. Enjoy music by Static Band, Lauren Echo, Khemistry, Mister Trombone, and Southern Sounds by Billy Craver and Emily Brooke.
- Music for the Mind – Every third Tuesday of the month, you can experience the Music for the Mind concert series. The Kretzer Piano Music Foundation presents these concerts that feature local musicians and musical groups from the West Palm Beach area. The Music for the Mind concert is on August 14th this month. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students, and all proceeds benefit the . This organization supports the arts in school and donates pianos to schools and other organizations.
Experience local talent and live music in Downtown West Palm Beach for yourself this August at CityPlace.
Art and Culture
CityPlace celebrates South Florida’s vibrant art and diverse culture through different events, venues, and experiences. This summer, CityPlace has curated engaging ways to experience Art and Culture in West Palm Beach:
- Marcus & Emmanuel Live Painting & Performance – Come experience live painting and performance for yourself, you can come and see Marcus & Emmanuel. They do a live painting and performance on the second Friday of every month at 9 pm. This month, it will be taking place on August 10th at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ. This event will feature singer–songwriter Marcus Soflo, and painter Emmanuel Gonzales. This event will allow you to enjoy the creative process as a collective experience.
- Culture Lab – Culture Lab is an excellent place to experience art and culture in Downtown West Palm. This former Macy’s storefront is a new cultural arts center in Downtown West Palm Beach. During August, CityPlace’s Culture Lab is featuring three new exhibitions every Thursday through Sunday so come check them out.
Wine Down with Art – CityPlace offers the opportunity to create your own masterpiece while enjoying delicious wine during Wine Down with Art at the Armory Art Experience. This class features still life painting taught by Spence Townsend, and the class includes two glasses of wine. Wine Down with Art will take place from 5:30 to 7:00 pm on Friday, August 17th, and the cost is $25.
Whether you want to make your own art, see local art, or watch art being made, you can enjoy artistic experiences in South Florida at CityPlace this summer.
South Florida’s cuisine includes Latin American, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and European influences, and CityPlace represents those influences with its amazing restaurants and culinary experiences. CityPlace’s restaurant offerings include BRIO Tuscan Grille, BurgerFi, Brother Jimmy’s BBQ, Cabo Flats Cantina & Tequila Bar, and more. CityPlace’s restaurants are offering some amazing culinary experiences and events this summer; check out a few of the August culinary events below.
- National Frozen Custard Day – On August 8th, Rita’s is celebrating National Custard Day, and you should celebrate too! Come down to Rita’s and get .99 frozen custard all day long.
- Pig Pickin‘ Tuesdays – Every Tuesday through the end of August, you can experience Pig Pickin‘ Tuesdays at The Regional Kitchen & Public House. During this event, Chef Lindsay will serve Eastern Carolina Barbecue with all the ‘fixin’s.‘ This delicious barbeque comes with your choice of three sides to round out an amazing meal! You can reserve your table .
- The Shack – The Shack is a Field of Greens’ pop up concept. Right now, The Shack is running a promotion where you can get 10% off of The Shack’s amazing food including old–pressed juices, acai bowls, sandwiches, and salads.
The foodie holidays and culinary events at CityPlace offer you the opportunity to enjoy your food at great prices.